Driving Lesson and Tests in Loughborough – 2021 Changes
Find out how driving tests are affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) and what changes to expect when you take your driving test here
Guidance for Driving School pupils and instructors by the AA
The AA have released this notification:
The following information is accurate at the time of posting, but check with your instructor for the most up-to-date information. Here’s the latest across each region.
All driving lessons, practical tests and theory tests are are suspended in England because of the national lockdown.
All driving lessons, theory tests and practical tests are suspended in Scotland because of the temporary lockdown.
All driving lessons, theory tests and practical tests are suspended in Wales because it’s in alert level 4.
All lessons, practical tests and theory tests are currently suspended.
How theory tests and driving tests are affected
Taken from the GOV website
Driving test centre waiting rooms
Not all driving test centre waiting rooms are open because of coronavirus.
There are temporary rules for using waiting rooms which are open.
Sending information to the NHS Test and Trace service
DVSA will share your details and your pupil’s details with the relevant NHS service if a DVSA member of staff you had close contact with both:
- develops coronavirus symptoms within 48 hours of your driving test
- tests positive for coronavirus after their symptoms developed
There’s more information in the privacy notices for:
Check if theory tests are taking place
Theory tests are suspended in England because of the national lockdown.
If your theory test is affected
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) will contact you if your test is affected by local restrictions and tell you what you need to do.
Keeping you safe at the test centre
In England and Oxford – Safety precautions
To keep you safe, test centres are:
- doing extra cleaning
- using protective transparent screens at the reception desk
- providing hand sanitiser for you to use when you arrive at the test centre, during your test and when you leave
- cleaning workstations (including computers and headphones) before every test
Staff will wear a face covering (unless there’s a medical reason that it’s not recommended for them) and gloves.
You have to come into the test centre alone. This is to help with social distancing (Updated 5th January 2021) read more
Wearing a face covering
You must bring and wear a face covering for your test, unless you have a good reason not to. Good reasons are things like:
- having a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability
- wearing it would cause you severe distress
You need to say if you have a good reason not to wear a face covering when you book your test.
Your test will be cancelled if you come for your test without a face covering and you did not say that you could not wear one when you booked it.
Checking your ID
You will need to remove your face covering so the test centre staff can check your ID.
When you must not go to your test
Do not go to your theory test if:
- you or someone you live with has coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- you’ve been told by the NHS Test and Trace service that you’ve been in contact with a person who has coronavirus
- you’re self-isolating because you recently entered the UK